Project Manager – Residential
We Search People
Project Manager – Residential Construction
We Search People are currently working with an outstanding home builder who are looking for a Project Manager to be based in Raleigh, NC.
Our client have an excellent reputation for building custom homes. This is a permanent staff position with genuine career progression opportunities.
About The Role:
As a Project Manager you’ll be responsible for the quality construction of the customer’s homes. You will oversee the entire home building process and manage millions in spending to build those homes. You’ll draw upon your experience in the construction industry to follow-through on company construction standards and will offer fair, prompt, and courteous attention to address customer concerns and manage that customer relationship.
• Schedule and supervise trade partners utilizing job schedules and trade scopes of work.
• Oversee the construction, inspection and scheduling of the entire home to ensure the home is completed within the allotted cycle time.
• Authorize trade payments, on a timely basis, confirming work done in accordance with building codes, scopes of work and approved architectural plans.
• Ensure all work is done by trades meets or exceeds quality standards.
• Conduct Pre-Construction and Customer Orientation meetings with customers.
• Strive to deliver a “Zero Punch List” home at time of Customer Orientation and obtain full sign off any items prior to closing.
• Manage and maintain inventory/showcase homes, models and sales center.
• Accountable to manage and minimize base home variance costs (VPOs).
• Update customers and sales representatives weekly regarding the progress of home(s) under construction
• Provide trade partner feedback to your supervisor concerning the trade partner’s overall performance.
• Maintain records of all change orders, purchase orders and inspections in assigned community.
• Approve trade partner POs upon satisfactory completion of work and validate all material deliveries for quantity and condition.
• Ensure job site cleanliness, Safety and SWPPP compliance as required by
• Attend construction meetings and training classes as scheduled
• Able to manage a high volume of homes
• Other duties as assigned
• Demonstrated leadership experience
• Must possess strong time management & organizational skills
• Must Possess strong interpersonal skills
• Must be computer literate and comfortable using phone applications, word and excel
• Previous experience as a Project Manager on residential home builds
• Knowledge of practices and procedures of construction and building codes
• Ability to read and interpret blue prints