We Search People
This is an exceptional & unique opportunity for a Construction Project Manager / Director to join our client in their D.C office – the successful candidate will be a senior-level Development Executive with extensive experience in Real Estate Construction Management activities, along with experience in Multi-family & Mixed-Use Residential Real Estate Construction within the District of Columbia.
This position will tenaciously drive our clients projects forward, from pre-construction through to close out & completion. This Executive also will provide constructability input throughout the acquisitions, pre-development and development phases of the projects.
This position gives the opportunity to work for one of the market leaders and offers real progression opportunities.
Our client is a very well established and respected real estate development firm, based in the heart of Washington D.C.
They have won multiple awards for their exceptional projects delivered and their leadership within the industry. They have a strong focus on the revitalization of emerging urban neighborhoods, including residential & commercial properties. They have aggressive growth plans moving forward and this is an exciting time to join them.
· Active review and input throughout the entire design process to ensure constructability concerns are proactively addressed
· Oversee construction sites, general contractors, and workers to ensure a high level of quality and safety.
· Responsible for the management and coordination of the General Contractor throughout the entire development life-cycle to include pre-construction estimation completion
· Management and coordination of all Construction Schedule activities to ensure achievement of Schedule Milestones
· Management of all third-party consultants & contractors during the construction phase to ensure efficient and smooth construction administration
· Other duties as needed
· Extensive experience as a Construction Manager or Construction Director
· Experience working with design teams & engineers
· Pre-Construction through to project close out experience
· Multi-family & Mixed-use Residential construction project experience
· Knowledge of the DC Construction Industry & Process
· Excellent Negotiation & Leadership skills
· Excellent communication and Organization skills
· Passion for housing and development
The ideal candidate will be a mid to late career professional with the passion, courage and energy to move projects forward in competitive, dynamic and challenging construction and capital markets environments.
The Director, Construction will receive a competitive base salary, a full benefit package, an aggressive bonus opportunity, and the opportunity for advancement.