We Search People
This is an exceptional & unique for a Development Associate to join our client in their D.C office – the successful candidate will be qualified within Finance or Real Estate and will have some experience within the development & finance cycle of Real Estate projects, residential OR commercial.
You will be responsible for assisting in the management of consultants, General Contractors, and other third-party contractors. Other responsibilities include monitoring budgets, ensuring compliance, and a host of other tasks associated with successful delivery of projects.
This position gives the opportunity to work for one of the market leaders and offers real progression opportunities.
Our client are a very well established and respected real estate development firm, based in the heart of Washington D.C.
They have won multiple awards for their exceptional projects delivered and their leadership within the industry. They have a strong focus on the revitalization of emerging urban neighborhoods, including residential & commercial properties. They have aggressive growth plans moving forward and this is an exciting time to join them.
• Develop and maintain acquisition and development pro forma and budgets for multiple projects
• Understand and optimize all of the key variables of the project pro forma model for internal as well as capital markets use
• Work in multiple financial models and provide input & recommendations to ownership to maximize return on investment
• Assist with management of multiple projects at different phases of development simultaneously to ensure timely completion
• Represent NDC in a variety of forums including Advisory Neighborhood Commissions, industry events and DC/MD/VA organizations such as the Housing Authority and DC Council
• Budget management, forecasting, fiscal documentation and management
• Planning, scheduling and tracking of project timelines and progress
• Assist with vendor selection, vendor management, invoice approvals, loan draws and contract management
• Other duties as needed
· Bachelor’s degree (B.S. in Real Estate Finance, Finance, Investment Banking, Real Estate Development and/or Urban Planning)
· At least 1 year of experience in finance, real estate finance or development with knowledge and experience of developing Pro formas
· Expert level user of MS Excel (e.g. vlookup, sumifs, keyboard shortcuts)
· Experience with Microsoft Project and scheduling
· Passion for housing and development
· Ability to read and interpret architectural and engineering construction documents
· Ability to operate in a deadline driven environment
The successful candidate will be highly organized, detail oriented, self-motivated, and capable of effectively responding to changing workloads and priorities. Preferred candidates have experience with and a passion for affordable housing.